brown background

Customer Service

Customer Service Department

Customer Service Department

Although each employee of the HCSD is available to serve its customers, this special team of five are the first in line to assist you with establishing/discontinuing service and answering billing questions.  They are available Monday through Friday (holidays excluded) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Please keep your contact information up to date so staff may contact you in the event of a water leak or related emergency.  You may update your information by calling 443-4559 or via email to  Thank you!

To Initiate Residential Service

Please read and complete the Water/Sewer Service Agreement.  You may submit the Agreement and deposit as indicated on the form (by mail or fax), or via email to  All information on the Application for Water and/or Sewer Service must be completed, and the form signed and dated.  Applications with missing information will not be processed.  Once we have responded with your account number, the deposit may be paid on this website under the "Pay Your bill Online" tab.  The $35 New Account Fee will be included in your first billing.
Once the application has been received and the deposit fee has been paid, we will endeavor to start service the following business day, excluding weekends and holidays.

Water Meter Readings

Water meters are read each month. The meters are read approximately the same time each month. Please make sure your water meter is accessible.

Monthly Billings

You will receive an invoice monthly. Click here to view a sample invoice. The bill is due upon receipt, and considered late if not paid within 21 days of issuance. 

Automatic Bill Payment

You can authorize HCSD to automatically debit your checking or savings account to pay your monthly bill.  Click here to access our Automatic Payment Authorization form.  You will still receive a monthly bill showing the monthly charges, the total due, the due date, and marked: “AUTOMATIC WITHDRAWAL - DO NOT PAY”.   This way you will know the amount and date the funds will be deducted from your checking account.

A returned payment fee will apply if there are insufficient funds for the payment.

Past Due Accounts

A bill is past due if payment is not received within 21 days from the postmark date. If payment has not been received before the next month billing cycle the previous balance is past due. A past due notice will be mailed. This notice will indicate the shutoff date due to non-payment.  If this past due balance is not paid before the shutoff date, the service will be shutoff. To restore service the past due balance and a reconnection service charge must be paid. We will endeavor to restore service the following business day, excluding weekends and holidays.

Discontinuing Service

Call HCSD at (707) 443-4550 to discontinue service.  Please have your account number, service address, date service is to be discontinued and forwarding address ready. We will endeavor to discontinue service the following business day, excluding weekends and holidays.

Reading Your Meter

Each month your meter is read. The meter registers use in cubic feet (One cubic foot equals 7.48 gallons of water used). The previous reading is subtracted from the current reading to determine the amount of water used. Meter Readers work hard to avoid mistakes. You can help the meter reader get an accurate reading by:
  • Keeping your meter free of grass, dirt and other obstacles
  • Parking vehicles where they will not block the meter
 How to Check Your Meter For Leaks
To check for a leak, locate your meter. The meter is usually located near the roadway at the front of the property. Turn off all faucets in and around your home. On the meter face, there is a small triangle known as a “tattle tale”, if it is spinning you may have a leak.

water meter

Backflow Prevention

A Backflow Prevention Device is required when there is a possible danger of contamination to the water distribution system, such as an auxiliary water supply on a property. Auxiliary water supplies include wells, springs or water in pipes under pressure (other than the public water system).

State water quality control regulations require strict enforcement of California’s public health regulations regarding backflow prevention.

Property owners who are required to have such a device on their water service can comply with the cross connection regulations (backflow prevention) by installing a District-approved device, such as a double check valve assembly or a Reduced Pressure Principal device (RP). A list of approved devices is issued by the University of California and authorized by the State Department of Health Services.

The District inspects these devices annually and will notify you if there is a violation that requires your action.

Privacy Policy

HCSD recognizes the need for the privacy and protection of personal information. HCSD does not release customer’s personal information to outside agencies or companies except as needed in the collection of bad debt account process.